Wider Sense GmbH (for many years on the market as Beyond Philanthropy GmbH) is a consulting firm based in Berlin that supports companies, foundations and the public sector in effectively shaping social change. To this end, we offer consulting services in the areas of research, analysis, strategy development and implementation. Our work is characterized primarily by content expertise in our four thematic areas of Sustainable Economy, Healthy Environment, Good Education and Just Society. With our multidisciplinary team and network of experts, we have successfully worked with more than 100 clients on projects in over 30 countries, managing both individual projects and entire project portfolios.
We offer ongoing internships of three to six months on a full- or part-time basis (30-40 hours per week).
These are your tasks during your internship at Wider Sense
- Project-related research work and corresponding analysis as well as preparation of results in appropriate target formats (usually Microsoft PowerPoint, Word or Excel).
- Support in the preparation and recording of interviews
- Support in the planning, implementation and documentation of (digital) workshops and events
- Assuming responsibility for smaller tasks in the area of online communication
- Regular participation in consultations with the project teams and, if necessary, support in e-mail correspondences and coordination of appointments with customers
What you bring with you
- Advanced degree in economics, social sciences, humanities, political science, or public administration (or equivalent); interdisciplinary studies preferred.
- Enrollment required during the entire internship period
- Curiosity in issues of social engagement of foundations and companies (CSR & Corporate Citizenship)
- Strong interest in the topics of sustainability, education, civil society, social justice and human rights
- Enjoy online communication as well as workshop and event organization (digital and analog)
- Very good German and English skills (other foreign languages are desirable)
- Good MS Office skills (especially PowerPoint)
- Strong ability to work in a team and very good communication skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Independence and commitment
- A high degree of responsibility
What we offer
- Practical insights into the areas of foundations and philanthropy, CSR, sustainability and corporate citizenship or deepening of corresponding knowledge
- Familiarization with the entire cycle of consulting projects from kick-off to final presentation
- Opportunity to take on your own smaller sub-projects independently
- Collaboration with a motivated, multidisciplinary and dynamic team that is dedicated to the topic of social change and social innovation
- An office in Berlin-Mitte in an attractive location and the possibility to work from home at any time
- The possibility to use one „social day“ per month for your own social commitment
How to apply
We offer a familiar working atmosphere in an open-minded, small team. The internship is remunerated. If you are interested in the advertised position, we would be pleased to receive your detailed application (letter of motivation and curriculum vitae). Please send your application by e-mail to Fanny Döke. The selection interviews will start in mid-April.
Wider Sense GmbH
Frau Döke steht Ihnen ebenfalls für Fragen zur Verfügung.
Als Organisation, die Chancengleichheit fördert, legt Wider Sense großen Wert auf ein Team, das eine Vielzahl von Identitäten, Erfahrungshintergründen und Perspektiven in sich vereint. Daher freuen wir uns insbesondere über Bewerbungen von Menschen, die sich persönlich von struktureller Diskriminierung betroffen fühlen. Mehr dazu hier.